982M Wheel Loader | Front Loader | Tier 3
OverviewThe all-purpose 982M Wheel Loader is a great 2-pass match for larger on-highway trucks, bank excavation and even face loading in well shot rock loading applications. The 982M has longer standard lift arms than the 980M making ita great rail car loader due to the higher hinge pin height. With a full range of bucket sizes and types, the982M provides you an exciting new option in this size class.
982M Wheel Loader | Front Loader | Tier 3 - Specifications
Tier 3/Stage IIIA
Weight based on a machine configuration with Bridgestone 875/65R29 VLTS L4 radial tires, full fluids, operator, standard counterweight, cold start, roading fenders, Product Link™, open differential axles, secondary steering, sound suppression, and a 6.1 m³ (8.0 yd³) GP bucket with BOCE.
4.6-12.0 m³ (6.0-15.75 yd³)
|Rack Back - Carry Height||
|Height - Top of Hood||
|Overall Length - Without Bucket||
|Centerline of Rear Axle to Hitch||
|Height - Top of ROPS||
|Height - Top of Exhaust Pipe||
|Maximum Width over Tires||
|Rack Back at Ground||
|Hinge Pin Height at Maximum Lift||
|Hinge Pin Height at Carry||
All dimensions are approximate and based on Bridgestone 875/65R29 VLTS L4 radial tires.
|Lift Arm Clearance at Maximum Lift||
|Centerline of Rear Axle to Edge of Counterweight||
|Rack Back - Maximum Lift||
|With Cooling Fan Speed at Maximum Value - Operator Sound Pressure Level (ISO 6396:2008)||
|With Cooling Fan Speed at Maximum Value - Exterior Sound Pressure Level (SAE J88:2013)||
*Distance of 15 m (49.2 ft), moving forward in second gear ratio.
|With Cooling Fan Speed at Maximum Value - Exterior Sound Power Level (ISO 6395:2008)||
For a machine configuration as defined under "Weight."
|Static Tipping Load - Full 40° Turn - No Tire Deflection||
|Static Tipping Load - Full 40° Turn - With Tire Deflection||
Full compliance to ISO 143971:2007 Sections 1 thru 6.
|Reverse - 4||
Maximum travel speed in standard vehicle with empty bucket and standard L4 tires with 914 mm (36 in) roll radius.
|Forward - 3||
|Reverse - 3||
|Forward - 4||
|Forward - 2||
|Forward - 1||
|Reverse - 1||
|Reverse - 2||
|Maximum Net Power - 1,800 rpm - ISO 9249 - Metric||
|Maximum Net Power - 1,800 rpm - ISO 9249||
|Peak Gross Torque - 1,300 rpm - SAE J1995||
|Maximum Power - 1,800 rpm - ISO 14396 - Metric||
|Maximum Power - 1,800 rpm - ISO 14396||
|Maximum Net Power - 1,800 rpm - SAE J1349||
|Maximum Power - 1,800 rpm - SAE J1995||
|Peak Gross Torque - 1,300 rpm - ISO 14396||
|Net Power - ISO 9249||
|Maximum Power - 1,800 rpm - SAE J1995 - Metric||
|Maximum Net Power - 1,800 rpm - SAE J1349 - Metric||
|Maximum Net Torque - 1,000 rpm||
4.6-12.0 m³ (6.0-15.75 yd³)
|Implement System - Maximum Operating Pressure||
|Hydraulic Cycle Time - Total||
|Implement System - Maximum Pump Output at 2,250 rpm||
20.3 gal (US)
40 gal (US)
9.8 gal (US)
12 gal (US)
112.5 gal (US)
|Differential - Final Drives - Front||
24.3 gal (US)
|Differential - Final Drives - Rear||
24.3 gal (US)
982M Wheel Loader | Front Loader | Tier 3 - Standard Equipment
- POWER TRAIN
- Axles: Limited slip differentials, front and/or rear; Axle oil cooler; Extreme temperature seals
- Fan, VPF (variable pitch fan), automatic and manual control
- Radiator, high debris with wider fin spacing
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Door, remote opening system
- Cover, HVAC metallic
- EH controls, SAL 3rd function
- EH controls, joystick lift and tilt - Additional integrated roller switch for 3rd function
- Filter, carbon fresh air
- Mirrors, heated rearview external with integrated spot mirrors
- Precleaner, HVAC
- Precleaner, HVAC (RESPA)
- Radio, AM/FM/CD/USB/MP3 Bluetooth with Satellite Sirius and XM
- Radio, CB ready
- Seat, heated air suspension
- Seat belt, 76 mm (3 in) retractable, with indicator
- Steering, EH wheel with directional FNR shifter and gear selector - Additional FNR with implement controls
- Roof, metallic
- Steering, secondary
- Sun visor, rear
- Windows, rubber mounted
- Windows, with front guard
- Windows, with heavy duty front guard
- Windows, with full guards front, rear and sides
- ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING
- Four additional auxiliary halogen cab mounted work lights or
- Two additional auxiliary front HI LED and two additional auxiliary rear LED cab mounted work lights with two LED work lights in the radiator grill and LED front turn signals also includes replacement of the standard four halogen cab mounted work lights with four LED work lights (the standard offering and only roading light available is the halogen roading light)
- Warning amber strobe beacon
- Reversing strobes
- External seat belt indicator light
- Speed limiter - 20 km/h (Europe only)
- STARTERS, BATTERIES, AND ALTERNATORS
- Batteries (4), maintenance free 1,400 CCA with 120V engine coolant heater
- Batteries (4), maintenance free 1,400 CCA with 240V engine coolant heater
- CAT CONNECT TECHNOLOGIES
- Payload technologies: Advanced Productivity subscription; Cat Production Measurement 2.0; Printer; Aggregate Autodig
- Detect technologies: Cat Rear Object Detection
- Machine Security System
- Quick coupler ready
- WORK TOOLS
- Performance Series buckets
- Forks, pallet
- Forks, logging
- 3rd function with Ride Control: Standard linkage; High lift linkage; Logger linkage
- Premixed extended life coolant with freeze protection to -50° C (-58° F)
- OTHER OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Cat Autolube System
- Wheel chocks
- Fenders, roading
- Guard, power train
- Oil change, high speed engine
- Fuel tank, fast fill
- Precleaner, turbine
- Precleaner, trash
- OTHER OPTIONAL CONFIGURATIONS
- Aggregate Handler
982M Wheel Loader | Front Loader | Tier 3 - Related Products
- RELIABILITY YOU CAN COUNT ON -
- Cat C13 engine offers increased power density with a combination of proven electronic fuel and air systems.
- Equipped with automatic Cat regeneration system, Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM) with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank and pump (Tier 4 Final and Stage V).
- Features an electric fuel priming pump and a fuel/water separator.
- Thorough component design and machine validation processes result in unmatched reliability and uptime.
- LONG TERM VALUE AND DURABILITY -
- Heavy-duty transmission and axles handle extreme applications.
- Automatic planetary powershift (4F/4R) transmission features durable, long-lasting components.
- Full-flow hydraulic filtration system with additional loop filtration improves hydraulic system strength and component life.
- BUILT TO PERFORM -
- Increased engine power resulting in improved machineperformance and response.
- Lock-up clutch transmission, matching the engine power toincrease fuel efficiency while delivering optimal performance.
- Easy-to-load performance series buckets improve materialretention and reduce dig times, significantly improving productivity and fuel efficiency.
- Automatic idle engine shutdown system significantly reduces idle time, overall operating hours, and fuel consumption.
- Equipped with longer standard lift arms and a higher hinge point height for rail car capability.
- Includes optimized high lift linkage, higher B-Pin height, and upgraded valves and cylinders.
- Great 2-pass match for larger on-highway trucks, bank excavation, and face loading in well shot rock loading applications.
- DO MORE WITH LESS FUEL -
- Deep system integration results in lower fuel consumption.
- Significantly more fuel efficient than both the H and K Series loaders.
- Power dense engine burns less fuel by providing power and torque when needed.
- The HEUI™ fuel system boosts performance and reduces soot.
- Standard productive economy mode delivers more fuel savings with minimal productivity impact.
- New split-flow oil system (transmission) uses multi-viscosity oil to improve fuel economy.
- DESIGNED FOR OPERATORS -
- The next generation easily adjustable seat with updated styling and a revolutionary suspension system. It comes in three trim levels and can be equipped with a 4-point harness.
- Sound-suppression, seals, and damping cab mounts decrease noise and vibration for a quieter work environment.
- The seat-mounted electro-hydraulic joystick steering systemprovides precision control and dramatically reduces arm fatigue, resulting in excellent comfort and accuracy.
- Smart ergonomic controls are easy to use, intuitive, anduser-friendly.
- Touchscreen multi-function color display keeps operators focused.
- The next generation of ride control works as a shock absorber, improving ride quality over rough terrain.
- Inclined steps and convenient grab handles ease accessibility to the operating space.
- Extended windows enhance visibility while convex and spot mirrors extend the driver’s view on the sides and rear.
- SAFELY HOME EVERY DAY -
- Cab access with wide door, optional remote door opening,and stair-like steps add solid stability.
- Floor-to-ceiling windshield, large mirrors with integratedspot mirrors, and rear-vision camera provide industry leadingall-around visibility.
- Computerized monitoring system includes several warningindicators.
- Rear vision camera enhances visibility behind the machine, helping you work safely and confidently.
- Optional rear object detection radar system warns you of an object in critical zone while going in reverse, enhancing job site safety.
- SAVE ON SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE -
- Extended service intervals including -
- Engine oil and engine oil filter change interval up to 1000 hours (Tier 4 Final and Stage V)
- Hydraulic filter change interval up to 1000 hours
- Transmission oil change interval up to 2000 hours
- One-piece tilting hood makes cab access fast and easy.
- Electrical service centers enhance convenience and accessibility.
- Buckets and components can be changed without leaving the cab, allowing the machine to quickly move from task to task.
- A full range of bucket sizes and types provides an exciting new option in this size class.
- Access to fuel fill and daily maintenance points means lessservicing time is required.
- Remote flash support.
- Longer tire life with on-the-go traction aids.
- Optional integrated Cat autolube system provides full lube system monitoring and diagnostic test visibility.
- TECHNOLOGY THAT GETS WORK DONE -
- Developed to monitor, manage, and enhance your job site operations.
- Payload provides accurate weighing* of the materials you are loading and hauling. Payload data is displayed in real-time to improve productivity and reduce overloading.
- Detect enhances awareness of the environment around working equipment and provides alerts to help keep people and assets safe on the job site.
- Link wirelessly connects you to your equipment, giving you access to essential information you need to know to run your business. Gain valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing allowing you to make timely, fact-based decisions that can boost job site efficiency and productivity.
- Optional Advanced Productivity subscription providescomprehensive actionable information to help you manage and improve the productivity and profitability of your operations.
*Not legal for trade.