982M Wheel Loader | Front Loader | Tier 3
OverviewThe all-purpose 982M Wheel Loader is a great 2-pass match for larger on-highway trucks, bank excavation and even face loading in well shot rock loading applications. The 982M has longer standard lift arms than the 980M making ita great rail car loader due to the higher hinge pin height. With a full range of bucket sizes and types, the982M provides you an exciting new option in this size class.
982M Wheel Loader | Front Loader | Tier 3 - Specifications
Tier 3/Stage IIIA
Weight based on a machine configuration with Bridgestone 875/65R29 VLTS L4 radial tires, full fluids, operator, standard counterweight, cold start, roading fenders, Product Link™, open differential axles, secondary steering, sound suppression, and a 6.1 m3 (8.0 yd3) GP bucket with BOCE.
4.6-12.0 m³ (6.0-15.75 yd³)
|Maximum Net Power - 1,800 rpm - ISO 9249||
|Maximum Net Power - 1,800 rpm - SAE J1349||
|Maximum Net Power - 1,800 rpm - ISO 9249 - Metric||
|Maximum Net Power - 1,800 rpm - SAE J1349 - Metric||
|Maximum Net Torque - 1,000 rpm||
|Maximum Power - 1,800 rpm - ISO 14396||
|Maximum Power - 1,800 rpm - ISO 14396 - Metric||
|Maximum Power - 1,800 rpm - SAE J1995 - Metric||
|Peak Gross Torque - 1,300 rpm - ISO 14396||
|Peak Gross Torque - 1,300 rpm - SAE J1995||
Cat C13 ACERT
|Maximum Power - 1,800 rpm - SAE J1995||
|Net Power - ISO 9249||
|Height - Top of ROPS||
|Hinge Pin Height at Carry||
|Hinge Pin Height at Maximum Lift||
|Lift Arm Clearance at Maximum Lift||
|Maximum Width over Tires||
All dimensions are approximate and based on Bridgestone 875/65R29 VLTS L4 radial tires.
|Overall Length - Without Bucket||
|Rack Back - Carry Height||
|Rack Back - Maximum Lift||
|Rack Back at Ground||
|Height - Top of Exhaust Pipe||
|Height - Top of Hood||
|Centerline of Rear Axle to Hitch||
|Centerline of Rear Axle to Edge of Counterweight||
For a machine configuration as defined under "Weight."
Full compliance to ISO 143971:2007 Sections 1 thru 6.
|Static Tipping Load - Full 40° Turn - No Tire Deflection||
|Static Tipping Load - Full 40° Turn - With Tire Deflection||
|With Cooling Fan Speed at Maximum Value - Operator Sound Pressure Level (ISO 6396:2008)||
*Distance of 15 m (49.2 ft), moving forward in second gear ratio.
|With Cooling Fan Speed at Maximum Value - Exterior Sound Power Level (ISO 6395:2008)||
|With Cooling Fan Speed at Maximum Value - Exterior Sound Pressure Level (SAE J88:2013)||
Maximum travel speed in standard vehicle with empty bucket and standard L4 tires with 914 mm (36 in) roll radius.
|Reverse - 4||
|Forward - 1||
|Forward - 2||
|Forward - 3||
|Forward - 4||
|Reverse - 1||
|Reverse - 2||
|Reverse - 3||
|Hydraulic Cycle Time - Total||
|Implement System - Maximum Operating Pressure||
|Implement System - Maximum Pump Output at 2,250 rpm||
12 gal (US)
9.8 gal (US)
|Differential - Final Drives - Front||
24.3 gal (US)
|Differential - Final Drives - Rear||
24.3 gal (US)
112.5 gal (US)
40 gal (US)
20.3 gal (US)
4.6-12.0 m³ (6.0-15.75 yd³)
982M Wheel Loader | Front Loader | Tier 3 - Standard Equipment
- POWER TRAIN
- Axles: Limited slip differentials, front and/or rear; Axle oil cooler; Extreme temperature seals
- Fan, VPF (variable pitch fan), automatic and manual control
- Radiator, high debris with wider fin spacing
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Door, remote opening system
- Cover, HVAC metallic
- EH controls, SAL 3rd function
- EH controls, joystick lift and tilt - Additional integrated roller switch for 3rd function
- Filter, carbon fresh air
- Mirrors, heated rearview external with integrated spot mirrors
- Precleaner, HVAC
- Precleaner, HVAC (RESPA)
- Radio, AM/FM/CD/USB/MP3 Bluetooth with Satellite Sirius and XM
- Radio, CB ready
- Seat, heated air suspension
- Seat belt, 76 mm (3 in) retractable, with indicator
- Steering, EH wheel with directional FNR shifter and gear selector - Additional FNR with implement controls
- Roof, metallic
- Steering, secondary
- Sun visor, rear
- Windows, rubber mounted
- Windows, with front guard
- Windows, with heavy duty front guard
- Windows, with full guards front, rear and sides
- ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING
- Four additional auxiliary halogen cab mounted work lights or
- Two additional auxiliary front HI LED and two additional auxiliary rear LED cab mounted work lights with two LED work lights in the radiator grill and LED front turn signals also includes replacement of the standard four halogen cab mounted work lights with four LED work lights (the standard offering and only roading light available is the halogen roading light)
- Warning amber strobe beacon
- Reversing strobes
- External seat belt indicator light
- Speed limiter - 20 km/h (Europe only)
- STARTERS, BATTERIES, AND ALTERNATORS
- Batteries (4), maintenance free 1,400 CCA with 120V engine coolant heater
- Batteries (4), maintenance free 1,400 CCA with 240V engine coolant heater
- CAT CONNECT TECHNOLOGIES
- Payload technologies: Advanced Productivity subscription; Cat Production Measurement 2.0; Printer; Aggregate Autodig
- Detect technologies: Cat Rear Object Detection
- Machine Security System
- Quick coupler ready
- WORK TOOLS
- Performance Series buckets
- Forks, pallet
- Forks, logging
- 3rd function with Ride Control: Standard linkage; High lift linkage; Logger linkage
- Premixed extended life coolant with freeze protection to -50 degrees C (-58 degrees F)
- OTHER OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Cat Autolube System
- Wheel chocks
- Fenders, roading
- Guard, power train
- Oil change, high speed engine
- Fuel tank, fast fill
- Precleaner, turbine
- Precleaner, trash
- OTHER OPTIONAL CONFIGURATIONS
- Aggregate Handler
982M Wheel Loader | Front Loader | Tier 3 - Related Products
- Reliability -
- Cat® C13 ACERT™ engine offers increased power density with a combination of proven electronic, fuel and air systems.
- Utilizing rigorous component design and machine validation processes results in unmatched reliability, durability and high uptime.
- Durability -
- Heavy-duty planetary powershift transmission and axles handle extreme applications.
- Full flow hydraulic filtration system with additional loop filtration improves hydraulic system robustness and component life.
- Productivity -
- Optimized engine power, when demanded, improves machine performance and response.
- Lock-up clutch torque converter, combined with lock-to-lock shifting, delivers smooth shifts, fast acceleration and speed on grade.
- Easy-to-load Performance Series Buckets feature a wider mouth and curved side plates that improve material retention (fill factor).
- Optional limited slip differentials improve performance in the pile.
- Optional Aggregate Handler configuration offers slightly higher payload capability for loose aggregate rehandling.*
- Fuel Efficiency -
- Up to 10% more fuel efficient than K Series and up to 25% more fuel efficient than H Series loaders.**
- Power dense ACERT engine burns less fuel by providing power and torque when needed.
- Standard productive Economy Mode provides maximum fuel savings with minimal productivity impact.
- Ease of Operation -
- Best-in-class operator environment provides unmatched comfort, visibility, and efficiency.
- E-H joystick steering with force feedback for precision control and dramatically decreases operator arm fatigue.
- Intuitive controls and touch screen multifunction display.
- Ride control system with dual accumulators provides excellent ride.
- Safety -
- Excellent cab access with wide door, remote door opening option and stair-like steps.
- Floor to ceiling windshield, large mirrors with integrated spot mirrors and rear vision camera provide industry leading all-around visibility.
- Serviceability -
- One-piece tilting hood with side and rear doors; hydraulic and electrical service centers make access fast and easy.
- Safe, ground level access to fuel fill and daily maintenance points.
- Optional, fully integrated Cat Autolube system provides full lube system monitoring and diagnostic test visibility.
- Cat Connect Technology -
- Monitor, manage and enhance job site operations.
- Cat LINK Technologies: VisionLink® enables owners to access data wirelessly to monitor machine health, utilization and location.
- Cat DETECT Technologies: Integrated rear vision camera enhances visibility behind machine to help operators work safely. Optional Cat Rear Object Detection increased operator awareness of the working environment which enhances site safety.
- Cat PAYLOAD Technologies: Optional Cat Production Measurement 2.0 brings simple and accurate on-the-go payload scale allowing operators to deliver exact loads and work more efficiently. Advanced Productivity subscription provides comprehensive actionable information to help you manage and improve the productivity and profitability of your operations.